Ad

Sunday 20 January 2013


        SILVERBIRD GALLERIA ABUJA LIFT MISHAP:
         citizen Bolanle Bruce shares her experience
Ben Murray-Bruce

Bolanle Bruce

 Nigerians would have woken up to uncomplimentary news from Silverbird Galleria Abuja if not for fate. Business was going on as usual in the busy entertainment centre with its patrons until the lift went “terrible”. In the overloaded lift was 6months baby who almost choked to death while waiting for help. We got the report and Bolanle Olatunde Bruce who was inside the lift at the time of the incident has confirmed it via her brief post on her Facebook page. According to her “We came out by the special grace of God and it remains a miracle to me”
Read her account below:
I got the greatest shock of my life last night at the Silverbird Galleria, Abuja. I went out with my family to watch a late night movie and we almost lost our lives due to Silverbird's ineptitude and total disregard for human lives. Eleven of us boarded a lift that should ordinarily take 13 people and as soon as it closed, it started jerking and dropping down. As this was happening, the first thing I noticed was that the lift operator started panicking and this got me worried so we (alongside others) started asking him questions, to which he could not provide answers. Before we knew it, the lift had landed at basement amidst walls. Mr. Lift Operator was obviously not trained, he was helpless, no air, no oxygen, nobody to call. We were stuck, my boy became agitated and another 6month old baby started choking. We came out by the special grace of God and it remains a miracle to me. This is totally condemnable and I implore you all to help reach out to the Silverbird Entertainment Company to properly manage its facilities & train its Lift Operators. The Silverbird Galleria in Abuja is a disaster waiting to happen, please, we need to speak out before Ben Bruce & brothers kill innocent Nigerians o.

No comments:

Post a Comment